You can’t have a party without cake, and these sugar masterpieces are all show stoppers! Feast your eyes on these fantastic groom’s cakes, birthday cakes, and just plain awesome cakes. If you’re looking for a little inspiration, already planning your celebration, or just kicking back and enjoying some sweet creations, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for here! We love to hear what you think, so let us know which one is your favorite!
Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who has the manliest mustache of them all? By the end of this month, we’ll know! We’ve given you a two week head start, men, to get your sweet ‘staches growing. Now it’s time to see how your furry, facial flavor saver stands up to the competition!
The rules are simple- take a picture of yourself, aka a selfie, sporting some Sugarland sweets all up in your ‘stache. Make sure to include the words cupcakes and ‘stache in your caption! We’ll be donating an extra dollar to the UNC Movember Network for every ‘stache selfie we get! Tag our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtag, #mocupcakes, so we can see your magnificent mustache! Then, find your selfie on our Facebook page and share with all your friends to get more likes. The picture that has the most likes at the end of the day on November 30th will receive a $100 Sugarland gift card. That’s a lot of Mo Bro cupcakes!!
So step away from the razors and shaving cream and get yourself a cupcake, because it’s time for a facial hair throw down!
Happy Birthday to you! Or, in the words of the Mad Hatter, “Happy Unbirthday” if it’s one of the other 364 days of the year! Whatever day it is, it’s always a good day for cake. We make dozens of these sweet works of art each week, so we picked out a few of our favorites to share with you. Since the next best thing to eating cake is ogling it, feast your eyes on these delectable delights! (Or if ogling isn’t enough for you, come join us in the store for some tasty treats!) Check out all the adorable animals, vibrant colors, and sweet kid-themed cakes we have below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment and tell us which is your favorite! As always check out more awesome birthday cakes on our Pinterest and Cake Gallery!
One of our littlest Sugar friends fell in love with this sweet masterpiece and wanted it for her mom’s birthday! We thought that was just adorable, so we made her a miniature version to celebrate with her mom!
Calling all Mo Bros and Mo Sistas! This Movember we’re joining in on the mustache movement! While we won’t actually be growing our own fuzzy face features, we will be serving some serious ‘stache-y sweets! Come by every Thursday this month to try one of our mo cupcakes or mochastache pies and we’ll donate a portion of the proceeds to help change the face of men’s health!
In honor of Movember, here are some fan-tache-stic facts for you:
1. A mustache is capable of absorbing 20% of it’s own weight in liquid. So feel free to get a little sloppy with that slurpie!
2. Ninety percent of men shave once a day. Shaving uses up a total of five months of a man’s life if he starts at the age of 14. Think of all the free time you’ll have when you skip shaving that ‘stache this Movember!
3. Average human hair grows at a rate of 0.014 inches a day, or about 5 or 6 inches a year. So by the end of Movember, your mustache will be about half an inch long!
4. The oldest recorded mustache dates back to about 300 B.C.!
5. If you’re trying to be fancy, refer to shaving as pogonotomy. After all, a mo automatically makes you more distinguished, so up your vocabulary game too.
6. There is a World Beard and Moustache Championship. Just let that sink in for a sec. Then, go and check out all the amazing mustaches you can aspire to grow this month.
Other than indulging in tasty treats, how can you get in on the sweet ‘stache action? Grow your own! Check out these do’s and don’ts to make sure your crumb-catcher is top notch. Feel free to visit the Movember website for more details on being a mo bro or mo sista, and information to share to help raise awareness! Then come by for a mo cupcake or mochastache pie!