Not that I feel like you actually need convincing, but just in case it’s one of those days where you say “No, I really shouldn’t,” here’s why you really should. We all know the difference between a want and a need, and usually cupcakes are a want. But here are 5 reasons you need a cupcake:
1. Your brain runs on sugar. Your body breaks down carbs and turns it into glucose, which is the primary source of energy for your brain. I’m not saying cupcakes will make you smarter, but your brain will appreciate the energy boost!
2. Giving into cravings once in a while prevents over-indulgence. I know you’re craving that cupcake, and in an effort to be good you eat some carrots instead. But then you’re still hungry so you have some almonds. You’re still going to be craving that cupcake later. So save yourself the calories of the carrots and almonds and just have the cupcake now!
3. Dark chocolate can lower your blood pressure. Scientists have done a study that found dark chocolate may slightly decrease your blood pressure. Don’t rely on chocolate to regulate your blood pressure, but a moderate amount of dark chocolate may be helpful!
4. Chocolate releases endorphins. Seriously! Eating chocolate releases endorphins in the brain. If you’ve seen Legally Blonde, you know what endorphins do. But for those of you that haven’t, endorphins are chemicals in your body that can cause feelings of euphoria and lower pain. Endorphins make you happy!
5. Because you deserve it. Let’s be real. Today was a hard day, or an awesome day, or even just a regular day. No matter what kind of day it is, it’s a good day for a cupcake.
I’m sure you have your own personal reasons you need a cupcake, but there’s five good ones if you’re looking for a reason to treat yourself. And just to brighten your day a bit, here’s a video of a little girl trying to convince her mom to make cupcakes! How aboooout… Cupcakes!